Part I – Overview of Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA provides you with the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you, the sources of how we collect personal information, our business purpose for the collection and use of your personal information, and any categories of third parties with whom we share your information.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we collect about you.
- Right to opt-out. If we sell any of your personal information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell your personal information.
- Right to nondiscrimination. If you exercise any of your CCPA rights, we will not discriminate against you.
The CCPA allows you to request your information, at no cost, up to twice during a twelve (12) month period. We will provide our response in a readily usable format, which is usually electronic. If you have any questions, please contact us.
How to Contact Us About Your CCPA Rights
Ways to Contact Us. If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights (right to know, right to deletion, right to opt out, right to nondiscrimination), please contact us through any of the following:
- Calling us at 1-530-242-8300, ext. 1018 or
- Emailing us at CCPA@northstarsl.com or
Verification of Your Identity. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will ask you to confirm your name, email address, phone number and other information so that we can reasonably confirm your identity. We will not share any information until we can reasonably confirm your identity.
Our Response Time to Your CCPA Request
- Response Time. We will respond to your request within forty five (45) days from when you contacted us.
- Response Time for Complex Requests. If you have a complex request, the CCPA